Baseball season is right around the corner and this baseball loving family could NOT be more excited!!! Our 12 year old has already started baseball practice, our 4 year old will start his first year of t-ball, and we are already talking about what Ranger games we want to see! Obviously I have baseball on the brain and this DIY baseball bracelet was just enough to get my excitement going.
DIY Baseball Bracelet Tutorial
1. Using your craft knife, carefully cut around the edges of the stitching on the ball. Make sure you cut all the way through the leather.
2. Cut all the way around on both sides of the stitching and then pull the leather back. The stitching piece should pull off fairly easily and all in one piece.
3. It will seem tedious, but you’ll have to take out the stitching to the appropriate length of the bracelet. Make sure not to cut the strings because you’ll use them again. Once the strings have been taken out, you can cut the parts of the leather off that will not be needed.
4. Once you’ve cut the unneeded ends off, you’ll need to clean up the edges of the bracelet, which means you can cut as close to the stitching as you’d like, but MAKE SURE you don’t cut the stitching. It will absolutely ruin your bracelet. But, if you don’t cut the stitching you can make it as thin or wide as you’d like.
5. When you have your bracelet the length you’d like, all you have to do is use the strings to tie a knot, to keep your bracelet on. You could even do something a little fancier and braid the strings together before you knot them together.
6. Enjoy your little bit of baseball fun!