I’m already getting excited about Christmas decor and I knew I wanted to make some for our front porch. I also had a friend who could get free pallets wood for me and with a little creativity, it was pretty easy to decide on a cute DIY Pallet Wood Christmas Tree for my front porch.
2 1/2 in nails
Reciprocating Saw, pry bar, or circular saw (any tool you can use to break apart your pallet without ruining the wood)
Ruler, Measuring tape, Pencil
Ryobi j saw
Spray paint (I used a Rustoleum Heirloom White and Metallic Gold)
1. Use your tool to take apart your pallet wood. I had no idea how amazing the reciprocating saw was until I used it for this project. I’m amazed at how easily it cut through nails! I had that pallet taken apart in 10 minutes!
2. I lined up my larger pieces of wood and put my 2×4 down the middle, as shown in the picture.
3. I drilled 2 screws in to each piece of pallet wood to keep them secure.
4. Using a ruler, pencil, and measuring tape, I freehanded my tree on the wood, but made sure to make sure both sides measured the same.
5. Then I went to work with my Ryobi jig saw. It’s a really quick process and the little tip for this part is to try and make all of the cuts from the outside of the wood. It will make the process easier and faster.
6. I was left with this pretty creation but I kept thinking it needed something else.
7. I gave the tree a good coat of spray paint in Rustoleum’s Heirloom White. This color will be for the letters.
8. I grabbed my cutting machine, cut letters from vinyl and stuck them to the wood. I made sure to stick them to the wood, making sure the edges were not raised from the wood.
9. I gave the tree two coats of spray paint and let it dry. However, before it was completely dry, I pulled the vinyl up. It’s always a little easier to remove the vinyl before the paint is dry.
10. This easy DIY pallet wood Christmas tree will look great on my front porch with the rest of my decor when I put it up after Thanksgiving.
Would you like to see more easy build Christmas projects? Take a look at these projects!
Rustic scrap wood Christmas tree– Dukes and Duchesses
Snowflake String Art– DIY on the Cheap
Silhouette Stand Nativity– My Day Lights
Instagram stocking holders– Frenchie Wraps
Wooden sign– Poofy Cheeks
Repurposed Gift Carry All- Let’s Go Junking
Rustic Christmas Tree Decoration-Her Tool Belt
PB Inspired Wall Art– Create and Babble
Woodland Reindeer Ornaments-Whats Ur Home Story
Advent calendar– Carissa Miss
DIY Stackable Slatted Fruit Crates– Pink When
Joy wood slice sign– Dandelion Patina
Gold Reindeer Décor– Simply Designing
Wooden Christmas Tree Display– Lauras Crafty Life
Pallet Wood Christmas Tree– Roubinek Reality
Christmas countdown chalkboard- Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza
Caddy with Herb Infused Oils- 356 Days of Crafts
Wood gift tag– Being Spiffy