Now that the school year has started back up, our crazy schedule has, too. The lazy days of summer are almost a distant memory and we’re usually running non stop, especially in the evenings. There’s soccer practice, volleyball games, and football games we have to get to. Somewhere in between school and those activities, I still have to feed my family. For that reason, I’m always looking for any quick and easy recipe. With 5 kids whose ages range from 14 to 1, I can always count on pasta being a common favorite , but I love finding ways to change it up.
Fish is a great variation of protein for my busy kids, and I knew when I found this Treasures from the Sea® Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia during one of my regular trips to Sam’s Club, it would be a welcome addition to my meal plan for the week.
The recipes with the least amount of ingredients are always my favorite and most of the items for this one were already staples in my pantry. All I really needed to get was the tilapia and we were good to go.
Between baking the tilapia for 25 minutes in the oven, cooking the spaghetti for about 12 minutes, and heating the tomato sauce, I was able to have this meal on the table in almost 30 minutes. That is crucial for a busy family on the go!
To be honest, my kids aren’t huge fish fans, and I know this is common in a lot of households. But, with the tilapia being parmesan encrusted, it was a HIT! I even got the approval to add it to our meal plan rotation.
Now THAT makes this busy mom happy!
- 6 Treasures From the Sea® Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia
- 1 1/2 c Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. Daily Chef™ Spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Prepare the tilapia according to package directions and heat tomato sauce.
- 2. For pasta, combine spaghetti, olive oil, italian seasoning, and minced garlic.
- 3. Serve tilapia on bed of pasta topped with tomato sauce.
If you’re like me and spend most of your time at Sam’s Club trying all of the different demos, you might be interested to know which ones are coming up!
- September 17: Italian Style Fish and Pasta
- September 19: Smoked Sausage Pasta OR Quick ‘N’ Easy Chicken Parmesan
- September 24: Chicken Dippers
If I’m being totally honest, the demos are absolutely my favorite thing about Sam’s Club!